Today it’s mostly pay for play, but if you have the time, there are some tricks out there that work…
- Google Ads – Sign up and you’ll broaden your content base. It’s FREE and easy to set up.
- Social Networking – Create a Facebook & LinkedIn account for your business
- RSS feeds – feed in relevant articles/news into your website to keep your content fresh and broad
- Off-Site Links – Pepper blogs, forums, what-have-you with your message and a link.
- Yahoo Answers – Go in with one account and ask a question that’s relevant to your business (use a common search term that you would want to be found under). Go in with a different account and answer the question by promoting your business.
- Wikipedia – write an article that’s relevant to your business/industry and site your business as the source.
- Blog – add a blog to your website and don’t be lazy with it. Write articles that are loaded with common search terms.
- Domains – buy domains based on the search terms you want to be found under (e.g. BestWebDevelopmentFirmInNC.com). Save money and buy .net’s – just as effective. Set ‘em up to redirect to your site.
- SEO Clouds – welcome to 2.0 for keywords – they are literally a fluffy cloud of keywords in your side bar. Google’s not digging as deep as they used to, so SEO clouds are effective.
- Good ol’ fashioned content – Well written content that’s loaded with key terms and refreshed on a monthly basis will definitely help with your rankings.
Lastly, have patience. Nothing is instant with SEO, so put the effort in and play the waiting game.